Transformation Readiness Assessment
Transformation initiatives often fail to reach their end goal and take substantially more time and resources than originally anticipated. Some companies discover new processes or complexity, or a myriad of variation within the organization. Others find they were not prepared with the right resource or resource capacity to support the transformation initiative.
Performing a Transformation Readiness Assessment can offer a realistic picture of how much work needs to be done before starting the larger program. Our approach will provide a 360-degree view of your current transformation readiness:
- Non-biased view of transformation readiness state
- Understand the work that still need to be done to get ready
- Address concerns and issues pro-actively
- Provide insight and minimize risk of transformation delivery
- Form the foundations that will set you up for delivery success
Many companies are making tactical decisions or isolated investments in HR projects in the absence of a roadmap. A roadmap is an approach that leverages your vision, strategy, and goals to plan the holistic transformation of your HR business. A roadmap will ensure that HR stays focused on the vision and do not veer off track with other costly investments.
The main aims of the Roadmap are to:
- Understand the drivers for transformation
- Provide feedback on how HR can improve based on key stakeholder group perceptions, and give detailed feedback on level of standardization by process
- Provide insight in current baseline HR and technology-related costs, and provide insight in usage of systems by process
- Identify key areas for HR to provide greater business value and identify quick wins that can be implemented within a short timeframe at limited investment
- Provide high level roadmap options to deliver the vision
- Define a pipeline of projects by country / region
SAP SuccessFactors offers capabilities for both Talent Management and Core HR processes for those who operate internationally or even globally. The scalability of the SuccessFactors solution enables organizations to implement these processes gradually, without a big bang, and to start with any given process. However, this requires the design of a solid global foundation. Launch! is experienced in designing and implementing a global foundation that enables smooth execution of a HCM cloud strategy.
The main deliverable for the global foundation consists of the global process description (up to level 3), the data required to support these global processes (including reporting) and the guidelines for global deployment of the foundation.
To achieve this, Launch! has recognized and developed three important inputs:
- The organizational target solution model and service delivery model;
- Launch! HCM best practices and templates for global processes and global data;
- A ‘vanilla-flavour’ SuccessFactors data model and application (“Simplified HR by launch!”).
Together with the stakeholders in the organization, launch! will challenge the process and data requirements to understand the necessity of the requirements but also to assess any of the risks associated with the solution. The joint challenge is to secure the highest level of benefits from the solution for the organization with the appropriate solution governance.
Business Process Optimisation
Business processes stand in the core of any transformation project, which traditionally connect people, systems, tools, principles, KPIs, documentation and analytics into one whole. Trying to change one or more of these should always be linked with a process review or process design. Process design is also closely linked to user experience and it is becoming more and more important to analyze how users perceive the processes they work with on a day-to-day basis, from the perspective of an employee, manager, or HR professional.
Launch! can help you design and optimize your processes and analyze user experience in order to achieve your business objectives and increase your chances of transformational success. This will help you achieve better productivity, reduce costs, reduce processing time and manual interventions, improve data quality and security, empower your workforce, increase user satisfaction and improve staff retention.
For delivering each of the components of the target solution model, launch! uses a proven configuration and deployment approach. Every configuration project (e.g. Employee Central, Compensation) will be executed according to this approach. Our approach consists of four phases:
- In this phase, we set up the project team, produce a refined planning in close collaboration with you, and we conduct one or several configuration workshops
- This phase will deliver the discussed functionality, including toolkits and functionality and integration tests, in 3 iterations in order to deliver the correct functions fast with a high level of stakeholder engagement
- In this phase, we do user and regression testing, conduct training and execute the data migration (Master system)
- This phase contains the go-live, we manage the transition to support and sign off on the project
Successful adaptation to change is crucial within an organization. Not paying enough attention (if any at all) to the impact of a change on your people and culture, can result in underutilization of the new HR system or failure to deliver the desired outcomes.
We strongly believe in mobilizing internal resources and key stakeholders to drive the change. Launch! provides an integral change management approach that consists of fundamentals for change, building readiness, building capabilities and continuous monitoring. The main aims of this approach are to:
- Utilize our professional approach to identify areas of greatest impact and provide a strategy to manage it
- Understand the drivers of the stakeholder groups and manage the interactions appropriately
- Build foundations for a strong user-adoption and getting a return on the project investment
- Ensure relevant and difficult messages are delivered in a firm but digestible way – aiming to speak the language of the recipient. Answering the question: “What’s in it for me?”
- Ascertain a smooth transition of processes and the ability to deal with issues and concerns upfront as opposed to the latter stages of the project
Cloud implementation programs are often considered as less complex, compared to traditional software development or application customization. This is true only when using the correct approach and by following strong guidelines.
Launch! has created a quality assurance assessment for cloud implementations. This assessment aims to mitigate risks and reduce unwanted outcomes during the implementation cycle. It detects and corrects any issues that may jeopardise business continuity during the product life cycle. In this way it is different from quality assurance assessment in software development: it measures against set criteria, for aspects including for example stakeholder management, architecture guidelines, requirements traceability and compliance.
The launch! team will agree on the scope and criteria before scheduling access and interviews. Using our reference questions and best practices or other agreed baselines, we will collect the findings and translate these into recommendations. The final report will provide you with a 360-degree view of your current project and will present the findings, the rationale for the findings, the recommendations and if applicable a suggested integral approach for improvement.
Cloud solutions offer the capability of on-going innovation via their release management strategy. All SuccessFactors modules are updated through periodic releases delivered by SAP. Evaluating and following the new or improved capabilities delivered via the releases is important for on-going innovation. In essence the SuccessFactors releases contain two types of components:
- Opt-In components: Customer can choose whether or not to use these optional components. This requires assessment or a business case to decide whether to switch on or not.
- Universal components: These components are not optional. These components are not optional. However, they do require regression testing before switching on.
The speed at which SuccessFactors delivers its releases, and the magnitude of the updates can be a challenge to customers. If regression testing is not done quickly enough, or not at the required level of quality, there is a risk that important innovations are missed. With our Utilization Enablement launch! can drive the SuccessFactors release cycle for customers to secure regression testing and to stay up to date on the innovations.